Petitions for waivers of M.Div. required courses are decided on a case-by-case basis by the Area in which the course resides. In making such a petition, the student must provide a copy of her or his transcript and a copy of the syllabus for the course or courses being considered for substitution. The following are general guidelines for assessing such petitions:
• The course or courses to be substituted must have been taken at an accredited institution.
• The grade received for the coursework by the petitioning student must be at least a C.
• The course or courses must have at least the same credit value as the course being considered for exemption.
• The course or courses to be substituted should be comparable to the course being considered for exemption in terms of content, expectation, level of academic engagement, and student outcomes.
• Other factors may also legitimately inform such a decision, particularly when courses have been taken outside of the United States.
Waivers with accompanying materials can be submitted to the Director of Graduate Academic Services (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to the Graduate Academic Standing Committee here.